A lazy summer drink for a long weekend - perfect for young and old alike!
4 peaches - skinned, pitted, and cut into wedges
¾ cup boiling water
¼ cup sugar
2 bags unconventional black iced tea
Fresh squeeze of lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, or extract
Peach or Vanilla Ice Cream
* Boil water and turn off heat. Add sugar and tea bags, cover, and steep for five minutes.
* Remove tea bags and let water cool.
* Puree the peach wedges. Add fresh squeeze of lemon, vanilla, and tea. Blend until smooth.
* Strain the puree, pressing remaining solids to extract all juice.
* Spoon the puree into glasses. I used stemless wine glasses and this made four.
* SLOWLY cover with sparkling water (it will fizz - go SLOW!). Stir gently.
* Add a scoop of vanilla or peach ice cream. Garnish with sprig of mint.